Sep 25-27 2019
July 23 2019
PeruModa in New York was held on Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
This is a specially curated mix of 22 Peruvian, full package factories exhibiting together at the Metropolitan Pavilion in NYC! It’s an ideal opportunity for designers and brands to meet with top Peruvian manufacturers. Key features of the show:
- Manufacturing for all categories of cut & sew, fully fashioned knitwear and some wovens
- Peruvian Pima cotton and Alpaca along with an incredible assortment of blends, both natural and synthetic
- Variety of capabilities and techniques from simple to complicated, basic to novelty, core to fashion, handknitting to the latest in technology
- Best of washes, dyes and treatments, printing and embroidery, crochet, hand-painting and more…
- Environmentally and socially responsible production
- Duty Free!
June 23-25 2019
The Summer Fancy Food Show will bring together 18 top Peruvian exporting companies exhibiting in a dedicated Super Foods Peru pavilion. Featuring some of the unique products Peru offers, these exhibiting companies have many years of experience in the US and International markets, manufacturing a range of innovative, value added products, with a focus on sustainability and ethical production amongst other things.
At the Super Foods Peru pavilion, you will find:
- Artichokes, asparagus and all sorts of peppers (Aji Amarillo, Piquillo…) in an array of preparations
- An assortment of different types of olives native to Southern Peru
- Everything Superfoods including ancient grains and legumes like quinoa (and quinoa pasta, flour, etc), amaranth, chia, maca, etc
- Cacao and gourmet chocolate
- Specialty snacks like Andean corn, dried goldenberries, Sacha Inchi, etc
- *Pisco, The Spirit of Peru
- And much more…
June 11 – 12 2019
*Pisco, The Spirit of Peru will surely shine at this trade show dedicated to the premium and craft spirit industry. On display will be an incredible array of over 60 different Pisco bottles as well as a guest appearance by the one-and-only King Cocktail, Dale Degroff. Dale will be on hand both days of the show and available to speak to attendees, explaining the versatility of this Peruvian spirit, the different varietals and brands of Pisco and helping us to launch the new Pisco Summer Cocktails: Blueberry Pisco Sour, Pisco Punch and Pisco Tropical Spritz! Dale Degroff will also be giving a presentation at the show, Pisco: Summer in a Glass. Also speaking will be Conrado Falco, Director of the Trade Commission of Peru in NY and other leading Pisco experts.
- June 11th from 2:30 – 3:15 at the Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse at Bar Convent Brooklyn
*Bar Convent Brooklyn is a trade-only event designed to promote business growth in the alcohol industry. The show is open to industry professionals.
May 23 2019
The Trade Commission of Peru in New York supports the Taste of Hope! Taste of Hope is the American Cancer Society’s signature culinary, wine, and spirits event, featuring some of New York’s most popular restaurants and beverage vendors. Guests enjoy a walk-around tasting where they can sample signature dishes, premier wines and spirits, and inventive cocktails.
April – 24 & 25 – 2019
UN Symphony Orchestra presents a new original musical, El Cóndor Pasa — Andean Hope, a fresh new take on the traditional indigenous story from Peru. El Cóndor Pasa — Andean Hope is inspired in traditions and lives of Andean regions of South America and reflects on the issues of the South American rural peoples that face the contradictions inherent in internal migration, when the inhabitants of the Andes are attracted by the cosmopolitan influences that come from the cities, and that induce them to leave their place of origin. In order to capture this ethnic flavour, the ensemble will include guest musicians with indigenous Andean instruments, as well as dancers that will represent mythological dances of the Andes. The musical is resplendent with indelible melodies typical of the Andes of the deep America, and will be showcased by more than 150 performers.
March – 21 – 2019
DAVID BURKE celebrates his Peruvian travels with a special menu of green artichokes and other products from Peru on Thursday, March 21st at David Burke Tavern!
5 Course Pre-Fixe Menu w/ Pisco Cocktail Pairing – $65 + Crispy Reese Artichoke salad | avocado | piquillo | goat cheese | quinoa + Octopus skewers | Botija olives + Crab stuffed peppadew with Aji Amarillo + Coconut poached mahi shaved artichoke | corned beef quinoa citrus salad | piquillo hummus + Lucuma and Irish whiskey creme brûlée Cocktail Pairing Angry 100: Pisco 100 infused Aji Amarillo | Passion Fruit Puree 100 Mule: Pisco 100 | Lime Juice | Ginger Beer | Cilantro